Kedarnath Tour Package - Kedarnath Package - Kedarnath Yatra Package 2019
Duration: 5 Nights / 6 Days
Destinations Covered: Delhi - Haridwar - Rudraprayag - Gaurikund - Kedarnath - Rudraprayag - Haridwar - Delhi
Kedar Nath Dham:
The temple, at a height of 3,583 m (11,755 ft), 223 km from Rishikesh, on the shores of Mandakini river, a tributary of Ganga, is a stone edifice of unknown date. It is not certain who built the original Kedarnath temple and when. The name "Kedarnath" means "the lord of the field": it derives from the Sanskrit words kedara ("field") and natha ("lord"). The text Kashi Kedara Mahatmya states that it is so called because "the crop of liberation" grows here.
According to a mythological account, the god Shiva agreed to dwell here at the request of Nara-Narayana. After the Kurukshetra War, the Pandava brothers, came here to meet Shiva on the advice of the sage Vyasa, because they wanted to seek forgiveness for killing their kin during the war. However, Shiva did not want to forgive them: so, he turned into a bull and hid among the cattle on the hill. When the Pandavas managed to track him, he tried to disappear by sinking himself head-first into the ground. One of the brothers grabbed his tail, forcing him to appear before them and forgive them. The Pandava brothers then built the first temple at Kedarnath. The portions of Shiva's body later appeared at four other locations; and collectively, these five places came to be known as the five Kedaras ("Panch Kedar"); the head of the bull appeared at the location of the Pashupatinath Temple in present-day Nepal.
The Mahabharata, which gives the account of the Pandavas and the Kurukshetra War, does not mention any place called Kedarnath. One of the earliest references to Kedarnath occurs in the Skanda Purana (c. 7th-8th century), which contains a myth describing the origin of the Ganges river. The text names Kedara (Kedarnath) as the place where Shiva released the holy water from his matted hair.
According to the hagiographies based on Madhava's Sankshepa-shankara-vijaya, the 8th century philosopher Adi Shankara died at Kedaranatha (Kedarnath); although other hagiographies, based on Anandagiri's Prachina-Shankara-Vijaya, state that he died at Kanchi. The ruins of a monument marking the purported death place of Shankara are located at Kedarnath. Kedarnath was definitely a prominent pilgrimage centre by the 12th century, when it is mentioned in Kritya-kalpataru written by the Gahadavala minister Bhatta Lakshmidhara.
According to a tradition recorded by the English mountaineer Eric Shipton (1926), "many hundreds of years ago", the Kedarnath temple did not have a local priest: the priest of the Badrinath temple used to hold services at both the temples, traveling between the two places daily.
In the event of cancellation of tour / travel services due to any avoidable / unavoidable reason/s we must be notified of the same in writing. Cancellation charges will be effective from the date we receive advice in writing, and cancellation charges would be as follows:
- 45 days prior to arrival: 20% of the Tour / service cost
- 15 days prior to arrival: 25% of the Tour / service cost
- 07 days prior to arrival: 50% of the Tour / service cost
- Less than 72 hours or No Show: No Refund
- Neat, clean, hygienic accommodation on Double Triple Sharing or as per your preferences.
- Meal plan as per package.
- Vehicle Charges are inclusive of all toll taxes / parking and driver allowance.
- All point to point sight-seeing as per given program possible in time frame.
- All applicable hotel and transport taxes (as per Package).
- Anything not mentioned under Package Inclusions.
- All personal expenses, optional tours and extra meals.
- Medical and travel insurance.
- Any kind of entry fees anywhere if not mentioned in including.
- Tips, travel insurance, medical insurance, laundry charges, liquors.
- Mineral water, telephone charges.
- All items of personal nature.
- Any International or Domestic Air or Rail Tickets are not included with this package.
- GST as per Govt. rule Service Tax, Helicopter Tickets to Kedarnath Ji, Accommodation and meals in Kedarnath Ji will be on direct payment.
- Rest All Meals, Table drinks, laundry, porter, pony / Palaki, tips, camera fee extra payable.
- Personal expenses of the clients or any other expenses incurred due to bad weather, road closure, landslides etc. and anything not specified in cost included.