Duration:5 Nights / 6 Days
Destinations Covered:Delhi - Haridwar - Barkot - Yamunotri - Rishikesh - Delhi
Yamunotri is the source of the Yamuna River and the seat of the Goddess Yamuna in Hinduism. It is situated at an altitude of 3,293 metres in the Garhwal Himalayas and located approximately 30 kilometers North of Uttarkashi, the headquarters of the Uttarkashi district in the Garhwal Division of Uttarakhand, India.
The temple of Yamuna, on the left bank of the Yamuna, was constructed by Maharaja Pratap Shah of Tehri Garhwal. The deity is made of black marble. The Yamuna, like the Ganges, has been elevated to the status of a divine mother for the Hindus and has been held responsible for nurturing and developing the Indian civilization.
Close to the temple are hot water springs gushing out from the mountain cavities. Surya Kund is the most important kund. Near the Surya Kund there is a shila called Divya Shila, which is worshipped before puja is offered to the deity. Devotees prepare rice and potatoes, tied in muslin cloth, to offer at the shrine by dipping them in these hot water springs. Rice so cooked is taken back home as prasadam. The pujaris of Yamunotri come from the village of Kharsali near Janki Chatti. They are the administrators of the sacred place and perform religious rites. They are well-versed in the Shastras.
The venerated goddess Yamuna is said to be the daughter of Sun and twin sister of Yama (the god of death); in Vedas, Yamuna is called Yami (lady of life). A bath in the sanctified waters of Yamuna is said to cleanse all sins and protect from untimely or painful death. Such strong associations in Hindu mythology place Yamuna Devi (goddess) in high ranks of divinity.
In the event of cancellation of tour / travel services due to any avoidable / unavoidable reason/s we must be notified of the same in writing. Cancellation charges will be effective from the date we receive advice in writing, and cancellation charges would be as follows:
- 45 days prior to arrival: 20% of the Tour / service cost
- 15 days prior to arrival: 25% of the Tour / service cost
- 07 days prior to arrival: 50% of the Tour / service cost
- Less than 72 hours or No Show: No Refund
- Neat, clean, hygienic accommodation on Double Triple Sharing or as per your preferences.
- Meal plan as per package.
- Vehicle Charges are inclusive of all toll taxes / parking and driver allowance.
- All point to point sight-seeing as per given program possible in time frame.
- All applicable hotel and transport taxes (as per Package).Exclusions:
- Anything not mentioned under Package Inclusions.
- All personal expenses, optional tours and extra meals.
- Medical and travel insurance.
- Any kind of entry fees anywhere if not mentioned in including.
- Tips, travel insurance, medical insurance, laundry charges, liquors.
- Mineral water, telephone charges.
- All items of personal nature.
- Any International or Domestic Air or Rail Tickets are not included with this package.
- GST as per Govt. rule Service Tax, Helicopter Tickets to Kedarnath Ji, Accommodation and meals in Kedarnath Ji will be on direct payment.
- Rest All Meals, Table drinks, laundry, porter, pony / Palaki, tips, camera fee extra payable.
- Personal expenses of the clients or any other expenses incurred due to bad weather, road closure, landslides etc. and anything not specified in cost included.